How I deal with college stress.




This is my second year as a college student. And yes,sometimes my stress levels climb on my head just like another Bruce from The Dark Knight rises. But I have learned to help myself by trying to deal with it.
It's a hard world and as we grow up,it gets even harder. Because our minds overthink. Bills,loans,the last roll of toilet paper,these things have us prisoners and prison with only black, loses its' orange. 
Below lie my ways of copying with this situation and moving on with life.




1)Surround yourself with positive people(aka positive vibes)

As someone who values his friends a lot,I strongly believe this is the first thing that affects your mental health and peace. Bad vibes affect us in a way so sneaky that Littlefinger would be jealous watching them in action.
Have you ever wondered why you feel less motivated and more depressed after watching the News?
Cruelty,wars,crisis all of these affect you in a huge scale. Imagine your friends talking about those sort of things on a regular basis?

No. A big NO.
Find people who joke around,support you and make you believe in yourself. 



2)Accept the fact that you're lucky for being alive and fighting for your dreams



This is what life is. And life is great.
Your greatest tutor. Your greatest fan.

Yesterday I was having a pretty rough day. I think I have reached one of the first levels of depression. Bad exams,you see? Anyway,I started thinking about giving up. Stop everything,become nothing.
Then,I decided to go for a walk. And there it was. The feeling that gets me everytime. 

I smelled life in the air. September,the month where Summer becomes Autumn. When life seemes to go on, no matter what. And life is there for you. Don't forget that.



3)Give yourself enought time to love you


I have spent enough time not liking myself. But in the end of everything that used to make me laugh,cry,think, I realised that it's all I got.
We were born alone,we'll die alone.
Finding peace with yourself and loving you,means finding peace and loving everything around you.
So, make your time valuable to you. Do what you love.
Write, create, exercise, think, paint, design, play.



4)Provide help to those who need it

It will amaze you. How much the feeling of providing and helping, helps you too.
Volunteering had, has and will have an amazing effect on anyone's happiness.
Just try it and you will find out all it's pros and really, LIKE REALLY, search your whole mind if there are cons at all. 







5)Show your true feelings

We live in a reality of fear. Fear of saying too much, fear of revealing our true selfs.
But have we ever thought, what is this fear all about?
Losing the people who are around us? Would they really want us to fake live?
Fake our feelings?

Being able to say what you think and feel, will set you free. It will reduce the bad vibes in you, make room for the "good" feelings to take place in you. Just talk. Connect.




6)Change the idea of "studying" in your head


Last,but not least stu-dying. Like 80% of the students all over the world, have this idea of studying in their head. That's not really motivational, right?

Let's take this from the start. Why are you in college? To study something and gain all the knowledge on this sybject that will help you become a Master on it.
Becoming a master on something will actually make you more of a complete person. 


SO, you actually studying because you want to be complete, or at least feel like that. It's not a job, it's a stairway to fulfillment. And that's the way you should see it.

Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις